The Actuarial Standards Board (ASB) heard from more than a dozen actuarial and pension experts representing diverse views during its July 9 public hearing on public pension plan issues at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington. The ASB will reflect on the written and oral submissions as it continues its deliberations on these issues. Speakers’ comments and written comments are available here. Updates will be included in future issues of Actuarial Update, Enrolled Actuaries Report, and in ASB Boxscore.
Audio of the full hearing is available here.
- Daniel Moore, Texas State Pension Review Board
- Paul Angelo, CCA Public Plans Community
- Bill Hallmark, Chairperson, Public Plans Subcommittee, American Academy of Actuaries
- Bailey Childers, Executive Director of the National Public Pension Coalition
- Dan Doonan, Senior Pension Specialist at the National Education Association and a board member of the National Public Pension Coalition
- David Driscoll, Buck Consultants
- David Kausch, Gabriel Roeder Smith & Company
- Kim Nicholl, Segal Consulting
- Robert C. North, Jr., Consulting Actuary
- Thomas Lowman, Bolton Partners, Inc.
- Gordon Latter, Chairperson, Joint Academy/SOA Pension Finance Task Force, American Academy of Actuaries
- Robert Stein, Chairperson, SOA Blue Ribbon Panel on Public Pensions, Society of Actuaries
- Bradley Belt, Member, SOA Blue Ribbon Panel on Public Pensions, Society of Actuaries