ASB Process and Tools
- Table of Contents of the Standards Library – A list of all the documents that compose the library of actuarial standards of practice and related professionalism material.
- ASB Procedures Manual (Doc. No. 187; June 2017)
- Definitions from ASOPs and ACGs
- Have a suggestion for a new ASOP or revisions to an existing ASOP? Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals should address the 13 points outlined in our ASOP Proposal Form.
Revisions to Standards
- Deviation Language for Standards-updated March 2011
- Revised Language for ASOP Nos. 22 and 28-adopted September 2012
- Applicability Guidelines
- Code of Professional Conduct
- Qualification Standards for Statements of Actuarial Opinion (2008).
- Structural Framework of U.S. Actuarial Profession Concepts on Professionalism (AAA – Doc. No. 4; October 2004, Updated June 2016)
- Financial Reporting Recommendations and Interpretations 7, 9, 11 (AAA – Doc. No. 067; Adopted 1975, Revised 1978) Financial Reporting Recommendations 7 and 11 and their respective Interpretations remain in effect for Actuarial Opinions rendered in jurisdictions which have not adopted the current version of the Model Standard Valuation Law and the Model Actuarial Opinion and Memorandum Regulation. Financial Reporting Recommendation 9 and its Interpretations dealing with the application of the concept of materiality to actuarial aspects of the financial reporting of life insurance companies also remain in effect.
- Risk Classification Statement of Principles
- Repeal of Interpretative Opinions 3 and 4 (Doc. No. 088; April 2002)
- Report of the Pension Task Force of the Actuarial Standards Board